Whether you’re a start-up or a mature business, this guide breaks down virtually every issue a new exporter might face. Get started now and you will gain the confidence to become an international sensation.
Are you ready to make international sales? Export Basics helps you assess your export readiness, understand what you need to know and consider before pursuing an international sales strategy, and, when you are ready, develop and implement your export strategy.
The subsequent sections of Export Basics — starting with Develop Your Export Plan — will help you develop and implement your export plan. Each section corresponds to the key components of an effective export plan — posing questions you should answer to complete your plan and providing resources to help you answer those questions.
Start with the below steps!
- Read the ITA Blog on How the Commercial Service Helps Exporters
- Why bother to export? Read the ITA’s take on this commonly asked question.
- Watch the ITA’s “How to Export” video set to better equip your small business to enter the exporting world.
- Need an introduction to exporting? Browse our step-by-step “Basic Guide to Exporting”.
- Thinking of taking your business global? This helpful article considers case studies through posing 3 key questions to businesses looking into an international business venture.
- Ready to take action? Enrich your understanding of global expansion through these 3 tips aimed to help your company achieve international success.
- Think export success is out of your reach? Read success stories about how companies like yours are succeeding in the international marketplace.
- Learn to sell globally from your e-commerce site with our Preparing Your Business for Global E-Commerce: A Guide for Online Retailers to Manage Operations, Inventory, and Payment Issues manual.
- Looking for assistance? Learn more about the Florida SBDC’s International Trade Services.
If you are ready to begin developing your export plan, please proceed onto the next section, Develop Your Export Plan.
- How About Duties and Tariff?
- Do I need an export license to export my goods, technology or services? What other Export Compliance steps do I need to take?
- What documentation do I need to prepare for exporting?
- What is Free Trade Agreement (such as NAFTA, CAFTA, Panama FTA, KORUS, etc.)? Is it possible if my foreign customers pay less or no duties when they import?
- What Federal Government agencies regulate the exports and imports?