Leverage the expertise, resources, and connections of the U.S. Government (Department of Commerce), Enterprise Florida, Inc., or Florida Small Business Development Center to find and establish business relationships with potential agents, distributors or other strategic partners overseas.
U.S. Dept. of Commerce provides most Global Market research services free of charge to all U.S. businesses. However, certain products and services do have a fee. GM fee-based services can be found on the user fee schedule.
Learn about the methods, channels, and other considerations of market entry/expansion
- Factors to consider when choosing a foreign representative or distributor
- Technology licensing and joint ventures
- Preparing your product/service
Find potential agents, distributors or other strategic partners overseas
Dept. of Commerce staff located in 80 countries around the globe can save you valuable time and money by conducting an international partner search in a specific market to find potential agents, distributors or other strategic partners.
Dept. of Commerce will contact a large group of potential overseas business partners using the marketing materials you provide, and then identify the companies that are interested and capable of becoming a viable representative for you in that market.
- Learn more about the International Partner Search
- Request an International Partner Search by contacting your local Export Assistance Center
Arrange meetings with potential agents, distributors or other strategic partners overseas
The most effective method of establishing a successful business relationship with potential agents, distributors or other strategic partners is to demonstrate your willingness to travel to meet with them overseas.
Dept. of Commerce staff located in 80 countries around the globe can arrange meetings for you with potential agents, distributors or other partners in a specific market. We carefully screen and qualify potential business partners to ensure that your meetings are productive and informative.
- Learn more about the Gold Key Matching Service
- Request a Gold Key Matching Service by contacting your local Export Assistance Center
Although traveling overseas to meet face-to-face with potential agents, distributors or other partners is the preferred business practice, if your schedule or travel budget limits your ability to travel overseas we do offer a video conferencing option.
- Learn more about Dept. of Commerce Video conferencing services
- Request Dept. of Commerce Video conferencing services by contacting your local Export Assistance Center
Get long-term, sustained market entry/expansion support
Dept. of Commerce staff located in 80 countries around the globe can provide you with market entry/expansion support specifically tailored to your unique needs. We can help design and implement a market entry/expansion strategy and assign a single point of contact to provide long-term, focused support to help you succeed.
- Learn more about Dept. of Commerce Platinum Key Service
- Request Platinum Key Service by contacting your local Export Assistance Center
EFI assists Florida businesses in expanding into the international marketplace by:
- Offering export counseling and advice
- Organizing and executing overseas trade missions and shows
- Assisting Florida companies in marketing their products and services overseas
- Maintaining a network of International Offices
- Offering financial assistance for export transactions to small- and medium-sized Florida companies
- Providing the Florida Export Directory
- Providing international trade statistics, analyses of international trade trends and detailed import/export reports.
The Florida Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs) provide access to data and information generally unaffordable or unavailable to existing and aspiring small and medium-sized businesses. Through its affiliations and partnerships with institutions of higher education, SBDC-certified professionals utilize high-cost databases, business research resources, and tools, including those listed below, to assist businesses that are poised for growth and ready for the services of the District Export Council. Together with team of support and professional consultants, SBDC puts that information to work to help grow businesses.
ReferenceUSA — is a market research database with detailed information on over 14 million U.S. businesses, 262 million U.S. consumers and their lifestyles, and international companies.
IBISWorld – is the largest provider of Industry Research in the US. The comprehensive collection of economic, demographic, and government data reports help identify business operating risks and opportunities across 1,300+ industries.
ProfitCents — allows Florida SBDC consultants to benchmark their clients’ financial performance against more than 1,400 industry averages on 60 ratios and metrics and forecast financial decision-making and its results on business performance.
ProfitMastery — offers clients access to the world’s leading business financial management system designed to help businesses improve profitability and cash flow, and to obtain financing.
BidMatch — provides the most comprehensive database of bid opportunities on the market, sophisticated tools available for filtering those bid opportunities, and a Web-based delivery system that brings bid opportunities directly to your clients’ desktops.
Avention (OneSource) — provides the ability to leverage the world’s most comprehensive set of business information, relate it to the businesses, people and topics you care about, and help you uncover the best insights and opportunities to grow your business and out-compete your competition.
- If you are a new business, visit the New Business section of the Florida SBDC website. If you are an existing business, visit the Existing Business section. You must complete the prerequisites prior to receiving individual consulting assistance.
- Once completed, you will complete the online Request for Consulting application that will be forwarded to the Florida SBDC that serves your area.
- Within three business days you will be contacted by the Florida SBDC to get started on your path to success.
Please contact your local Florida SBDC office for further questions.