Date & Time
10 October 2019 - 10 Oct 2019
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Presented by Central-North Florida District Export Council (DEC), Manufacturers Association of Florida’s Space
Coast (MASC), and EDC of Florida’s Space Coast
If you are engaging in or considering military/defense contracting, this program is for you. Learn how International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and DFARS Cyber Security Requirements (NIST Special Publication 800-171 compliance) affect your company. This information will assist in training your key employees and reduce your non-compliance risk.
- Government Agencies Controlling Exports and Defense Contracts
- ITAR Compliance Milestones
- Regulatory Framework
- Registration Requirements
- U.S. Munitions List (USML)
- Key decision: ITAR vs. EAR?
- How to Control Technology and Software
- Compliance Program Elements
- ITAR License and Agreements
- Review of NIST 800-171 Requirements
You will Also Learn
• Minimum cyber security standards to avoid losing Department of Defense contracts.
• How to use NIST Special Publications 800-197 as the baseline for executing certain cyber security controls and report cyber incidences within 72 hours.
• Get clarification on the security standards that apply to cloud-based services provided by Cloud Service Providers (CSP), such as AWS, Google and Microsoft.
• Establishing Compliance Programs and Best Practices
Dr. Oz Erdem, Chair, Central-North FL District Export Council
Date & Time:
Thursday, October 10, 2019
Check in: 2:45 pm
Session: 3-4:30 pm
(MASC Members: $35)
Bank of America Corp.
6525 3rd St., 4th Floor, Suite 400
Rockledge, FL 32955
Contact Central-North Florida DEC here
Contact Elizabeth Huy at ehuy@SpacecCoastEDC.org
Registrations are closed for this event.